Opportunities > Current opportunities
Head of Learning Enhancement K-12
We are currently supporting a leading Independent School in Sydney's Inner West in their search for a Head of Learning Enhancement Leader.
anzuk Education's Independent and Faith-based Schools Team was created in 2015 to assist educators in finding contract or ongoing employment. Today we work collaboratively with over 200 Independent and Faith-based Schools throughout Australia.
Our team have extensive teaching, educational leadership and recruitment experience. We are here to support you in every step of your career, from graduate teacher to senior leadership.
anzuk are working to support a leading Independent School in Sydney's Inner West in their search for a Head of Learning Enhancement leader.
Applications are invited for the position, Head of Learning Enhancement K-12.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled and innovative leader who is committed to making a significant contribution to the growth and development of the school.
The Head of Learning Enhancement position requires:
- A purposeful leader, able to inspire relevant, authentic and innovative programs.
- An outstanding communicator who fosters collegiality and has ability to build capacity in Team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in leading school practice regarding NCCD, disability legislation and NESA requirements.
The Head of Learning Enhancement has oversight and development on inclusive practices within the school and will work collaboratively with staff to support and learning needs of all students including:
- Gifted and Talented
- Learning difficulties
- Students with disabilities
To be successful, you will be able to:
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ensure that school policies and practices are abiding by the Disability Standards for Education and Disability Discrimination Act.
- Lead and coordinate collaborative NCCD processes across the school, ensuring effective evidence management systems are in place and compliant with Government regulations.
- Manage referral processes across the school, utilising a range of available data to prioritise support needs across the school.
- Work with Heads of Faculty to ensure that all staff are upholding their responsibilities in relation to the Disability Standards of Education and Disability Discrimination Act.
- Implement available standardised assessments to gather data to support decision making.
- Develop and maintain professional and collaborative relationships with staff, parents and students.
- Review reports from specialists and report key recommendations to staff.
- Be proactive in developing knowledge and understanding of best practice in the field of inclusive education.
Commencing in Term 1, 2024,
- Appropriate qualifications in education with a preference for Master of Special Education / working towards or similar qualification in Special Education / Learning Support / Gifted Education.
- Experience with leading a department or team
- Be eligible to teach in NSW and meet all NESA requirements and standards.
- Maintain a valid NSW Working with Children’s Check.
the Head of Learning Enhancement is a permanent, fulltime leadership position. How to Apply
For a confidential conversation, enquiries regarding the application process or to obtain a position description, please contact: Sara Partridge 02 8221 8080, [email protected]